Thursday 11 December 2014

I AM FREE


I sit here n think...of all the mistakes dn...of the lessons learnt... I know m living in an illusion...of love,care ,fun n joy ...
all of which demands my constant physical presence ,to manifest itself....
all of which r so transient,that i fear of their loss with a blink of my eye...
the illusion is not of the sou...but of blood n bonds ...
yet ironically the only thing seemingly real r my own dreams...
deep down my heart,i know m guilty...
for the feelings i should not feel...
for the dreams m not allowed to see...
They say desire is a sin...
can a caged bird's desire for freedom be a sin?
can a soul's desire for love b a sin?
i know not who these 'they' r ...i just know that they have driven the god out of the temple ....
n so i am guilty in their courts...
guilty of being 'jealous' wn i c other's bonds so nourished....which though possibly may be as crippled as mine...
guilty of being selfish....wheni embrace my little joys before the complexities of the world....
guilty of arrogance...wn i dare to soar the skies....
guilty of the 'eve's apple ' ...the desire i have for dreams ,joys n freedoms captured....
but i wonder y then...y with so much guilt ...i feel so freeeeee????? —
© Athena Coelho

No comments:

Post a Comment