Thursday 18 December 2014

DRENCHED IN DRYNESS

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1517494311834425


DRENCHED IN DRYNESS -ATHENA COELHO Utter amazement engulfs me as i experience the mystique of the desert while standing in the rain... The desert with its winds, its sand , its music speaks to me , hears me ...
A music whose beats fill me with exuberant zeal..., n the slick melodies enchant me ...immersing me into a slumber...
A story untold, a story confessed...
But as i enter the expanse , the desert ...a place of discomfort, hot sands, dry nature and nothingness....
its eerie silence , instead of haunting me... Invades my senses...
We tell tales to each other,
tales of despair , anguish and loss...
tales of love , hope and joy...
But suddenly from up above the heaven, descends a light ..... Illuminating both of us ...
A light so reverend, so divine...that the sands dance around to the tune of the wind to pay obesceince to it ...
A light so magical that it drenches me in dryness...
washing away everything, leading me to nothingness....
I take a step and the desert embraces my feet with all the sand ... Jostling and escaping through the folds of my garments....
I see the beauty of letting it go ...
I look up at the sky , getting blinded by the glare of the light ...
feeling the futility and nothingness of my existence......
And there comes a small child ...holds my hands ...guides me across the vast expanse...
Reminding me that this nothingness of my existence is the creation of my God ...
that my guardian angel surrounds me at all times ...protecting me....
Reminding me that i am blessed and indebted too...
Indebted to transform this nothingness into ampleness ...
TO BE THE MEDIATOR....NOTTHE CREATOR
TO RAISE ...AND YET TO SURRENDER.....

No comments:

Post a Comment