Wednesday 24 June 2015

HOME ENCOMPASSED

 






There was a time I believed in the existence of geographical boundaries , in the superiority of  a nation , in patriotism , in the phrase of "mera bharat mahan" . But then i reverted back to the sanskrit phrase "vasudhev kutumbakam". "the whole world is my home and now my definition of home has widened to encompass the entire universe . 

The universe ... the primordial om .. resides inside me , inside every one of us . from the high himalyas to the deep trenches , mankind leaves its footsteps on the face of the earth marking its journey from the little fumbling steps of the child to the faltering tongue of the old . and its the same everywhere . then how on earth can my love for mankind be restricted to a barbed fenced wired territory ? ? ? 
How can my duty to my home be limited to my country or my state for that matter ??? i am not saying you are wrong ... neither do i say that your definition is but what i ask is who sets the parameters of this definition ??? 

Your might mean your neighborhood or your city mine may have a wider definition ....  

                Home ....
                    from the house to the universe ,
                    from the neighborhood to the solar system ,
                    from the city to the earth ,
                    from the state to the continent ,
                    from the country to the sky , 
                    from the bonds of blood , to just someones heart ,
                    from comfort to outside the comfort zone ,
                    or may be ... well just may be ... 
                               INSIDE MY OWNSELF , LIES MY HOME ....



I carry my bags , my pen , my paper ...
i carry my shoes , my hat , my watch...
traversing the long unwinding paths ...
measuring the routes of skies ....
i hold your hand , walk besides you 
invisible to your eyes , still leaving footsteps on the sand ...

then where oh my friend , 
where is the home , 
in the arms of the one i love , 
in the pages of the book i read , 
in the little things he does for me ,
in the wide expanse of the sky that never leaves me uncovered , 
in the rain that washes away my tears , 
in the birds that bring the news of the distsnt land , 
in all my words that are like my child ....
or inside my heart and soul ...

WHERE O WHERE !!! LIES THIS PLACE CALLED HOME 
                                                  - ATHENA ( AMBIKA) 






























No comments:

Post a Comment